Rorate Caeli

The Message of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI to the Summorum Pontificum pilgrims in Rome #SumPont2014 (full text)

Pilgrims arriving at the Vatican Basilica, Oct. 25, 2014
Benedict XVI was invited by the general supervisor of the Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage in Rome, Giuseppe Capoccia, to take part in the Pontifical High Mass celebrated this Saturday in the Vatican Basilica by Cardinal Burke; grateful for the invitation, he sent the following message to the pilgrims:

Benedictus XVI
Papa emeritus

Città del Vaticano 
10-10-2014 
Most honorable Delegate-General,

I have at last found the time to thank you for your letter of the past August 21. 
I am very glad that the Usus antiquus now lives in full peace within the Church, also among the young, supported and celebrated by great Cardinals.

I will be spiritually with you. My state as a 'cloistered monk' does not allow me a presence that is also exterior. I leave my cloister only in particular cases, [when] personally invited by the Pope.

In communion of prayer and friendship.

Yours in the Lord, 
Benedict XVI


[Second image above of the meeting of the supervisors of the pilgrimage with the Pope Emeritus on Sep. 1, when he was invited to participate. / Source of 1st image.]